Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playing Catch Up


Students that did not watch the last homework video have had almost two weeks to get caught up on the class work they missed. There are still 34% of my General Biology students that did not complete the activities we did in class the day the lecture was due.  
Going into this I knew my biggest obstacle would be student motivation.  The Flipped Classroom model just won’t work if students don’t take responsibility for their learning.  I plan to start assigning one video a week as homework.  If I make the videos part of our regular routine perhaps students will be more likely to jump on board.  My mission is to figure out how to increase student motivation in an effort to make this work.  Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!